Saturday, July 18, 2015

Eden Faye, Nine Months Old


Hi, friends! I'm nine months old today!
Here's what I'm up to lately:













-I weigh 15 pounds, 10 ounces and am almost 27 inches long.
-I'm in the 11% for weight and the 15% for length.
-I wear 3-6 months clothes and size 2 diapers.
-I took my first step on July 3rd at 8.5 months!
-I started standing up on my own without pulling up on anything just after eight months.
-I can crawl really fast but I'm more interested in standing and walking at this point.
-I seem to know who "Mama" and "Dada" are when I say them. I say "Mama" when I want to nurse.
-I take three naps most days. Lately they're about an hour long.
-I go to bed between 7 and 8 and the past week I've been sleeping until 6:30 or 7 before I'm ready to be up for the day! Mama doesn't miss the 5 am wake up.
-I nurse throughout the night and sleep with my head on mama's shoulder.
-I have to at least check in with the boob every half hour or less.
-I eat solid food two to three times a day.
-I love scrambled eggs, almond butter, and ground beef the best.
-Peaches are the first food I've totally refused to eat.
-I laughed a lot this month! I'm very ticklish. I also think it's hilarious when Penny catches food Mama throws to her, when Mama does pushups and I crawl under her and her tummy gently bumps me in the head, when she smushes her face with her hands and talks, and when she laughs. I laugh with her!
-I'm very proud of my own toots.
-I'm also proud of my own sneezes.
-I love banging a spoon on my highchair tray.
-I'm very brave. I've figured out how to get out of the straps in my highchair and stand up and how to climb the sides of my packnplay.
-I understand what "No" means.
-I love playing peekaboo.
-I scrunch up my nose and breathe real fast just like my mommy used to at my age.
-I swam in the ocean this month! I thought the sand was more interesting.
-I stand up and bounce up and down to music.
-I love when Mama sings.
-I have a hard time deciding who I want to hold me when Dada gets home. I reach, reach, reach and make him and Mama pass me back and forth.
-I love books and have gotten a lot better at sitting still when Mama reads to me.
-If you hide something from me, I'm very determined to find it! (like your cell phone)
-I love watching videos of myself.
-I seem to recognize my Grandpa and always reach for him when he visits.
-I hate baths by myself but love them with Mama.
-I'm becoming very cuddly. Sometimes I just crawl up to Mama to lay my head on her arm or chest and look at her for a minute.
-I sit in my highchair and play with a spoon while Mama makes herself breakfast in the morning.
-It's becoming impossible to change my diaper. I don't have time--I'm on the move!
-I also hate putting clothes on.

---

Sweet Eden, you are just so much fun! I love our days together. You've become so independent this month.  I could just sit and listen to you babble to your toys all day but eventually I can't take it anymore--I have to sit down on the floor with you to kiss your head and get in on the action. I'm so thankful you're my daughter and I already very much cherish the friendship we have. I feel like you've always been a part of me, and at the same time I can't believe how quickly you're growing and changing. I love you so much it hurts!

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment