Monday, May 18, 2015

Eden Faye, Seven Months Old


Hi friends! I'm seven months old today!
This month was a big one! Here's what I'm up to lately:






-I weigh 13 lbs, 12 oz and am over 25 inches long!
-I am in the 9% for weight and 10% for length!
-I wear 3-6 months clothes and size 1 & 2 diapers, but we're working on switching to cloth.
-I still don't have any teeth!
-I'm still mostly bald. :)
-I started crawling just after six months!
-I can sit unassisted without my hands, and can get myself to and from the sitting position from all fours.
-I say "Mama," "Dada," and have said, "Yeah" a couple times.
-I laugh when my armpits, belly, and feet are tickled. 
I also laugh when mommy hides and pops out and says, "There she is!" and sometimes when she dances.
-I nurse whenever the heck I want. During the day it's usually just for a few minutes every so often. Gotta grab a quick snack so I can play!
-I eat avocado, banana, and sweet potatoes with coconut oil or broth.
-I take three naps most days--half the time I take one long (2ish hours) one. Half the time they're all 30-45 minutes.
-I'm ready for bed around 7:30 and still nurse a few times throughout the night. I'm ready to get up for the day around 7:30 or 8!
-I still sleep with mommy. We all love it!
-I was dedicated at church on Mother's Day--it was so special!
-I am very curious. I study and try to grab everything.
-I am also VERY determined. If something is out of my reach,
I will do whatever it takes to get to it, even if mommy is trying to hold me back because it's dangerous (hot food, Penny's nails, crawling off the bed, etc.).
-I still love when mommy sings "My Girl" to me. It always calms me down when I'm upset.
-Sophie the Giraffe is my favorite toy.
-I smile really big when Penny comes in the room.
-I'm super fascinated by mommy's water bottle.
-I love being outside and most days do way better in the stroller now that I don't have to sit in my carseat.
-We switched to a convertible carseat this month and I like it much better.
-I still love being worn.
-I reached for Pops, mommy's daddy, a few days ago. I also thought his beard was really cool.
-I try to pull mommy and daddy's noses off of their faces. 
-I also love pulling hair.
-I splash on purpose in the bath and think it's so cool!
-I'm super spunky and plan on giving mommy and daddy a run for their money!

---

Edie babe, you are SO fun and hilarious and every second with you this month felt like I was witnessing a miracle--you're constantly learning and growing so much! I wake up every morning and see more of a little girl in your eyes. Where'd my tiny baby go? It's been pretty bizarre watching you master so many big things and pile on so much weight all of a sudden--you're almost 14 pounds now! You are a determined little rockstar and bounced back from those first hard months so beautifully.  I am so proud to do life by your side, girlfriend. You're just the coolest. I love you so very much!

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment