Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October Letter Writing Challenge

A few weeks ago I mentioned wanting to write more letters and asked if you'd like to join me.  I was pleasantly surprised by the responses I received!  For those of you who contacted me personally about wanting to be penpals, be on the lookout for an email soon! 

I thought I'd share a little challenge I've created for myself with all of you, in case you might be interested in cozying up with a cup of coffee or tea and getting out a pen once a week for the next month.  Whether you decide to send your letters or not, I think writing things out could be healthy for many of us and maybe even cause us to usher in this chilly season of thankfulness with a fresh love for our lives and the people in them. So here we go!


October Letters

Week One: Write a letter to yourself to read a year from now. Talk about who you are today, what you're learning and where you hope to be next October. Tuck it away for next fall.

Week Two: Write a letter to someone you love--your spouse, best friend, little brother. Tell them why and don't be embarrassed.  Send it or don't--either way, be reminded of how thankful you are for this person and the goodness they bring to your life.

Week Three: Write a letter to someone who taught you something you never thanked them for-- maybe a teacher or a counselor, or maybe just an old friend you haven't talked to in a while.  Explain how their wisdom has shaped you and say thank you.

Week Four: Write an encouraging letter to a stranger. If you're up for it, go for a walk and stick it in a random mailbox. You might make their day/week/year.


Happy writing!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment