Friday, November 7, 2014

Looking Back at My Baby Bump

Edie will be three weeks old tomorrow night, and I still find myself doing a double take every time I walk past a mirror, forgetting for a split second the babe who made my belly so round is now out in the world (and usually in my arms when I'm doing said double take) and no longer a part of my body. I have all kinds of thoughts on my postpartum body I need to flesh out before I share them with you, but first I thought we'd look back at how I changed throughout my pregnancy.

The first photo is from one month--shortly after we'd found out.













I feel so blessed to be in this body, the home and haven for my little love for nine plus months. How can I look at her and then look back on how I changed physically and not see beauty in it? I grew around her to keep her safe as she grew, and that, in my opinion, is a MIRACLE.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment