Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015!


I've thought a lot less about 2015 than I usually do about an upcoming new year, but for good reason.  2014 was just SO FULL.  I didn't have time to worry about the future--I was completely caught up in making a new house a home, preparing my body for childbirth, and learning how to take care of a newborn.  I wasn't living in regret or hoping for a way to start something over--I was just living. I think I can look back on last year and really say that about myself for the first time in my young adult life. 


However, there are definitely a lot of things I could be doing better, and I know that. It doesn't take months of self-reflection to come up with a list of changes I should make to my everyday life. And although I am happier than I've ever been, I'm still the silly tradition-loving kind who likes to come up with a resolution or two at the onset of a new year.  I have a lot of goals (how many lists have I posted in the past year? I'm a goal-oriented kind of girl.), but my one concrete resolution I'd like to share with you for 2015 is this:


UNPLUG AND BE PRESENT.

I love this space and have many hopes and plans for it this next year, but I want to keep my priorities a little straighter.  I've decided one way I could do that is to take a day off every week to just be with my family, rest my soul (and fingers!), and forget about how many likes or comments my posts are getting.  So, starting this weekend I'll be unplugging from all forms of social media on Sundays.

I'm giddy just thinking about the potential this year has after being overwhelmed with surprises in 2014.  What a life we're living, friends! Thank you so, so much for joining me in it by reading this past year--you are so stinkin' wonderful and I can't tell you how much I appreciate each one of you!

The happiest of new years!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment