Thursday, August 6, 2015

My Favorite Breastfeeding Resources


1) I mentioned La Leche League at the bottom of yesterday's post, but I really can't say enough about what this organization has done for Edie and me. Our local chapter is incredible, the Facebook group is super active, and the leaders and other mamas have not only supported me through nursing struggles, but encouraged me to trust myself as Edie's mommy in all aspects of motherhood. I am forever indebted to these women.


2) The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding is a nightstand necessity for every expecting mama who plans on breastfeeding. It's full of great info and reads like you're talking to your best friend.


3) I'm partial to Ina May, because her empowering words were in my head as I experienced a long natural labor and birth. Her Guide to Breastfeeding is a pretty solid collection of advice, too.

4) Kellymom has lots of awesome posts on troubleshooting nursing issues. I don't know how many times I've read through her info on infant weight gain, thrush, and ties!

5) The Milk Meg has a website HERE and a very active Facebook page HERE. She's a lactation consultant , current breastfeeding mama to "Mini the Milk," and hilarious giver of nursing wisdom.


5) Jack Newman taught me how to know when Edie is actually getting milk. His videos probably played the biggest role in learning how to nurse correctly after her ties were revised. Lots of great info here!



Hope these sources find the right mamas and mamas-to-be!


No comments:

Post a Comment