Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend in OKC

Kyle and I got to spend a refreshing weekend away in OKC to celebrate Courtney and Mason's beautiful wedding. It was a weekend filled with fun, love, laughter, and new experiences. I got to watch one of my best friends marry the love of her life, spend time with greatly missed college friends, and enjoy a weekend away from everything with my husband, all while sharing in a lot of laughter. 
I'll be posting more about the beautiful wedding Courtney put together later with some pictures.

Although I've been to OKC several times, there are so many awesome places to visit. On our way into town on Friday we stopped at a local Burger joint called Irma's. It is one of those old fashioned, burger and onion rings with a shake on the side kind of places, delicious. After the rehearsal on Friday we went and walked around Bricktown for awhile and got some ice cream. 

Saturday we got an amazing recommendation from a friend for a little mexican restaurant called Iguana Grill. It was delicious and had a casual old building atmosphere. 
There are a couple stores that carry our wooden bow ties in OKC and while we were at dinner I looked them up to see if they were still open/where they were located. I looked up the store ShopGoods and it showed we were about 20 yards away! We walked around the side of the restaurant and there she stood. The cutest little shop I've walked through in a long time. Everything down to the little canvas drawstring bag my purchase was placed in was completely branded. These are the kind of local stores I love to give business to.

Sunday we were able to swing by the outlet mall before heading out of town and each splurged on a couple shirts for ourselves. The drive home was much more enjoyable being with one another. I couldn't help but think of all the times driving back and forth from Shawnee talking to Kyle on the phone or wishing he was there---he is finally here! I don't want to get so adjusted to being together that we don't appreciate the time we get to spend together. I'm going to try my hardest to remember these times of experiencing new things that allow us to learn more about one another.

Have a great week everyone!

-N


No comments:

Post a Comment