Friday, March 28, 2014

(Almost) April Showers

It's a gray, stormy day here in NWA, but I don't mind at all.  Spring is finally making an appearance after the longest winter I can remember, and with all this rain, I can't stop thinking about planting flowers.  I've always wanted to learn the art of cultivating a garden--both floral and vegetable--and for the first time I'm not a renter, so this shall be the year!

We have some lovely little flower beds in the front and back of our new house that I can't wait to fill.  Funny story actually--the previous owners dug up several of the larger plants in the beds, and I can only assume they took them with them.  Daniel and I were pretty surprised to find fresh big holes in the dirt after we closed on the house, but what could we do? So the plan is to fill them tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited to choose what we'll grow there.




My dad planted a rose bush in our backyard when I was little and I loved watching it bloom every year, so I've been doing a little research on maintaining roses here in Arkansas.  I love the idea of planting something so big and beautiful right when we move into our first house and having it grow alongside us for however many years to come.  

My spring fever is in full swing!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment