Saturday, October 10, 2015

Costume Countdown: Monarch Butterfly

When I started planning this little costume series, I had visions of Edie standing sweetly against a white wall in our kitchen showing off whatever she was wearing for the camera. Ha. Babies don't work like that. So here are a few photos of my child running around like the crazy lady she is!

Monarch Butterfly Baby Costume
Total Cost: ~$10
Total Time: ~1 hour (depends on how much of a perfectionist you are)


For the wings, you'll need:

White posterboard or cardboard
Black paint
Orange paint
Paintbrush
Scissors
Black yarn or some type of string

For headpiece:

Black headband
Black pipe cleaners

+
Black onesie





I'm a fan of this baby butterfly! :) 



1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely adorable!! If I didn't already have Landry's costume I would definitely do something similar. So simple and affordable! I can't wait to see the rest of this series!

    ReplyDelete