Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Rewritten Wedding Vows after Two Years and a Baby


I, Jordan, take you, Daniel, to be my wedded husband. Even when we're not having and holding (which we won't be doing much of once we have a baby), I promise to make you dinner, too, if I get around to making it for myself. And that will be rare. I promise not to smother you to death with my pillow when I'm up nursing for the sixth time in the middle of the night and you've managed to sleep through every single cry, even though I'll definitely think about it. And just so you know, when we originally said "for better or for worse," well that looks like a wife who hasn't shaven her legs or brushed her hair in many days. Many. And it sounds like a wife screaming in harmony with your baby because she's so tired. That brings us to the whole "in sickness and in health" bit--that includes mental and emotional health, too. And ours will be poor for a season. And that will lead us to forget the whole "to love and to cherish" concept. But I promise not to leave, to continue sleeping under the same roof, even when that's the only thing we'll have in common for a while. I promise to remain faithful to you, because let's be real, when would I even have time to think about an affair? Seriously, you have nothing to worry about there. Til death do us part, honey. And after all the stress of this year, that might be a lot sooner than we think.


No comments:

Post a Comment