Saturday, December 27, 2014

Edie Faye, Week Ten/ Baby's First Christmas




















This week Edie went on her first roadtrip! We drove to Tulsa Christmas day to spend time with family, and girl got to meet a few of her great grandparents. Girl does NOT love the car--she screamed for an hour on the drive there and then the entire drive back (I think she was a little overstimulated from all the new people/change of routine), so we aren't really in a hurry to leave town again anytime soon (we were pretty traumatized--she's normally a happy baby so listening to her cry so hard was AWFUL).

On a happier note, this tiny girl has insane head control and talks SO MUCH these days--her little voice just kills us.  Daddy also got to feed her for the first few times this week! Now that she's over two months, we felt comfortable introducing a bottle (of breastmilk) once a day.  Pumping is not my favorite thing but I love that Daniel gets to bond with her in this way now. :)

It's hard to believe last Christmas Daniel and I were just settling into marriage and under the impression I couldn't have babies.  I had finally made peace with it after years of praying it wasn't true, and he was so supportive.  Christmas looked so different this year.  The Lord has used this babe to flesh out the birth of Jesus when I didn't even realize I was viewing it so flatly.  I can hardly believe I have a daughter, but I really can't believe I get to be a daughter of the God who designed this story. Praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow!


-J


No comments:

Post a Comment