1. Go search for the best Christmas light neighborhoods in town. Drive through Starbucks or your favorite local coffee/tea place first for something warm to sip on in the car.
2. Shop for or make a new ornament together.
3. Make a gingerbread house/gingerbread cookies.
4. Spend an entire Saturday cooking up a big meal together for your own pre-Christmas feast. Get dressed up to stay home and talk about your year together over dinner.
5. Build a fort by your Christmas tree. Snuggle and drink hot cocoa.
6. Bake every kind of Christmas cookie you can think of. Build your own cookie tins for friends and family.
7. Go to the dollar store and shop separately. Find $5-$10 worth of silly stuff to fill each others stockings.
8. Write letters to Santa about what you want for Christmas. Read them to each other and remember what Christmas was like as a little one. Share your favorite memories.
9. Make mini winter wreaths and go leave them on your friends' doorknobs.
10. Make a playlist of Christmas songs together and spend the evening dancing around the living room.
11. See how many different paper snowflakes you can make while watching Elf (or your Christmas movie of choice).
12. Make a list of hopes for the upcoming new year. Help each other pick a resolution.