Monday, June 9, 2014

2 Years of Marriage

I can't believe Kyle and I have been married for 2 years already yet at the same time I can. I have been thinking a lot about how much we have grown together over the years. We have been together since high school so we have grown into the people we are today while dating through college for me and the Marine Corps for Kyle. Once we got married, a whole new type of growth started. I always heard from married couples that the first year is the hardest but your love for one another grows everyday.

After the first year of marriage together I didn't think it had been that hard of a year primarily because we had been apart for 5 years prior and just being in each other's presence seemed like bliss. Looking back this year, I can see how we had to work at a lot of things throughout the first year and this second year has been even better. We have learned so much about one another and our personalities in many different scenarios that we have had more time to enjoy one another. 

I have a lot of different topics that I want to touch on further about changes and efforts I made along with ones Kyle has made to make our marriage better. But right now I am going to spend the rest of the evening with my husband that I didn't even know I could love as much as I do today. I get really excited about thinking about the future and how our love will grow even greater, I can't even fathom that right now! One way I can get a glimpse of that love is to look into my parent's marriage that is 30 years strong today! I love sharing our anniversaries with them and I can only hope to learn from their wonderful example of marriage along our journey.







-N

No comments:

Post a Comment