Saturday, November 16, 2013

Buying Our First Home (Pt. 2)


WE GOT PRE-APPROVED FOR A LOAN! Thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughts! We are on our way to buying our first home!


I’m so excited I don’t know what to think. Tomorrow we are meeting up with our relator to start looking at some houses. 

We are looking for a 3 bedroom 2 bath with a good size backyard for Gunny and hopefully something not needing too much updating. At this point we are really ready to move but we are going to make sure we make a thoughtful decision about location, price, size, and quality.

After I got off the phone with our lender my initial reaction was shock but then I got really excited, then I got nervous.

This is a HUGE investment and this is a lot of money!  I know we have done our budget but it is a lot to take on besides mortgage and taxes. What if something breaks? We don’t own a fridge, grill, guest bed, lawn mower, etc etc  etc! We will obviously spread out these big purchases and we have saved for these kinds of things but the time is here, it is actually happening!

It is hard to not try and rush because our rent is up this month and we are going to start paying month-by-month rent instead of signing another 6-month lease. When you do month-by-month the lease goes up about $15 more than normal.

We are ready to stop spending money on rent and start investing in owning our own home. I will keep you updated throughout the rest of this process!

Side note, Jordan and I got to meet up today on this beautiful Saturday and catch up for the first time in person since she became a married woman ;) I am so excited for her and Daniel (I get so gitty when it comes to marriage hehe) We are planning some fun and helpful tips for the upcoming holiday season so be sure and check back!

The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever—do not abandon the works of your hands.
-Psalm 138:8


-N

No comments:

Post a Comment