Monday, November 25, 2013

Jordan's Gift Guide: Parents & In-Laws!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE finding/making the perfect gift. The older I get, the clearer it becomes that gifting is my love language. This is making my first married Christmas incredibly fun for me (more family=more gifts I get to give!) and maybe a little stressful for Daniel.  I want to buy everyone all the things! He wants to be practical.  Hopefully we can find a balance.  For now, I'm throwing out all kinds of ideas for all our loved ones, and he's letting me dream.  I feel kinda bad he has to deal with Christmastime Jordan so early on in our marriage :)

I do want to clarify--the holidays are not primarily about giving and getting material things for me.  They're about acknowledging and being thankful for the Love who was sent down in human flesh to show us how to love and give freely to one another (which I should be doing daily).  Giving is just a way for me to think less of myself and focus my energy on showing someone else I took time to think about them, who they are, and what they might like or find useful.  And the holiday season allows me to do that for everyone I love all at once, which makes me silly happy!

So this week the blog will be dedicated to gifts in all their warm, fuzzy glory!  Nataley and I will be posting some of our ideas for specific groups of people in our lives, and we hope you find them helpful if you're struggling to come up with the perfect gift for someone you love.

-----------

Shopping for Daniel's parents has been a challenge for me in years past.  What is an appropriate gift for your boyfriend's parents and brothers? Two Christmases ago I made cupcakes, hot cocoa, and chocolate covered stirring spoons and arranged them in a little basket for the whole family.  Last year I bought them a game for family game nights.  This year we're married, so Daniel and I get to pick out gifts together! We've spent the last couple of weeks researching a few of our favorite ideas, and we hope to make a few purchases soon.


1: Copper Cookware--West Elm
2: 2014 Calendar--Rifle Paper Co
3: Custom Family Recipe Cutting Board--Etsy
4: Recipe Cards--Rifle Paper Co.
5: Bath Robes--Nordstrom
6: Copper Mug--West Elm
7: Custom Family Portrait--Etsy
8: Custom Home Portrait--Etsy



Happy gifting!


-J





No comments:

Post a Comment