Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Love Letter to My Husband

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and all I've gotten out of Daniel is, "I have a few ideas in mind."  I don't know what we'll be doing, but I'm excited to spend intentional time with my husband! We've been pretty caught up in the home buying process and I've been spending large chunks of our weekends at photoshoots, so just being together tomorrow night will be a treat.

For Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share the passage our pastor read at our wedding and a little note to my wonderful man because he's been my biggest support in reading this blog and complimenting me on my creative efforts.  What a man.

---



Set me as a seal upon your heart,
as a seal upon your arm,
for love is strong as death,
jealousy is fierce as the grave.
Its flashes are flashes of fire,
the very flame of the Lord.
Many waters cannot quench love,
neither can floods drown it.
-Song of Solomon 8:6-7
(read during our wedding ceremony)


Dear Daniel,

You have been my husband for almost four months, my boyfriend for almost four years, and one of my most trusted friends for almost ten years now.  What a sweet life we've already had together! You, my sweet man, execute all of the things I constantly fail at with ease, strength, and grace.  You do all of the things I've always wanted to be better at, and you do them so well! Thank you for stepping into the empty spaces my weaknesses create and loving me without making me feel stupid. 

As you know, I wake up often in the middle of the night, sometimes for no reason and sometimes because you said something in your sleep (which I fully believe I'll always find entertaining).  Those moments I drift from whatever I was dreaming about into the reality of lying against you (and most nights, the dogs, too) are some of my most pure times of reflection on how strongly I feel about you, down in my very bones.  At that point, I'm separated by sleep from whatever arguments we may have had that day and anything we're stressing about in the day to come, and it's just you and me, lying in our bed as husband and wife.  Thank you for letting me fall asleep on your arm most nights so I can wake up against you and have these moments--I'm sure it doesn't take long for it to lose feeling and become uncomfortable.

I am so thankful I get to do life by your side, sweet man of mine. You are so strong, so smart, and worth more than every bit of support I can ever try to give you.

I love you, Daniel. Happy Valentine's Day.

-Jordan




No comments:

Post a Comment