Monday, February 3, 2014

The 5 Love Languages

After these busy days, I have been taking some time in this book---The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman.


It has been a top recommendation for any married person to read because it defines and discusses the 5 ways people feel and express love.

I'm only about half way through so I'm not going to go in much detail but I'll list the 5 languages to maybe spark your interest---these languages are applicable to everyone in any relationship. Once we learn our language and our loved ones languages, we can grow deeper and closer.

Love Language 1: Words of Affirmation

Love Language 2: Quality TIme

Love Language 3: Receiving Gifts

Love Language 4: Acts of Service

Love Language 5: Physical Touch

Love is many things---a lot of the time it is a choice we each make especially when the "fireworks" have lost some of their spark. I'm choosing to try and learn Kyle's primary love language so he can feel and experience my love toward him in the most effective and rewarding way.

I believe this book makes A LOT of sense and I'm excited to learn to love my man better---Kyle and I are a year and 8 months into marriage and I think this is a part of marriage that needs to be worked on continuously. 

Marriage, friendships, family---it applies to all so I definitely recommend this one!

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment