Thursday, August 14, 2014

Birth Center Bag Packing List

This week at our birthing class Daniel and I learned a little more about what to pack for a happy natural birth, so getting our birth center bag ready has been on my mind.  The packing list for a birth center is a little different than a hospital list, as we will get to go home within six hours of meeting Edie--we won't be staying overnight.  I'll also get to eat and drink during labor to maintain good energy and strength, which many hospitals do not allow.  I thought I'd do a little research on what other mommas carried along to make their birth experiences easier.




I also asked what to pack at our last appointment with our midwife, and she explained what necessities they provided and passed this little list along to me.

Birth Center of NWA Packing List:
Food/snacks
Drinks (electrolyte replacement: Gatorade, Coconut water, etc.)
Music (there are speakers to accommodate smart phones)
Labor tools: Focal point objects, tennis balls
Long shirts or gowns to labor in

Sports bra or swim top to wear in the tub
Nursing tank/bra

Nursing pillow
Old underwear to wear post baby
Change of clothes and swim trunks for dad

Slippers
A few pairs of socks
Hair brush, hair ties, shampoo, brush, etc.
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Baby clothes, blanket, hat, etc.
Carseat (installed in car)
2-3 receiving blankets
Outfit to wear home
Any other toiletries (Tucks pads, dermaplast)

I can't believe we're already at this point in pregnancy.  We're fine-tuning our birth plan for our appointment next week, and talking about the day we'll get to meet our sweet pea face to face makes me so giddy!

-J


No comments:

Post a Comment