Thursday, August 7, 2014

My Lavender Obsession


Growing up, I thought my favorite scent was vanilla.  Mostly because it was my mom's--she always had a french vanilla candle burning somewhere in the house.  I still enjoy vanilla candles, but about a year ago I bought a bottle of lavender oil on a whim because I heard it was relaxing (I was in the depths of wedding planning, and I probably needed a little help mellowing out).  I added a little to my bath that evening, and the rest is history. I've become pretty obsessed with all things lavender--soap, body scrub, massage oil, candles, dried bundles from the farmers market, lattes (it tastes amazing, too!).  

If you're looking for a new way to relax, I definitely recommend adding a little lavender oil to your next hot bath or rubbing it on your arms and legs before you dry off after a shower. I plan on bringing a bottle to the birth center when I'm in labor for Daniel to rub my back--it really has become my go-to for immediate relaxation.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment