Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cure Your Wednesday Workout Blues

I don't know about you, but if I didn't work out most days of the week, I don't think I'd have the energy to get much of anything done.  I think this is becoming even more true with the extra exhaustion I've been experiencing with this pregnancy (I'm beginning to think the hours after 10 p.m. just don't exist anymore...I haven't seen them in months).  But even before I was growing a little person, I relied heavily on endorphins to keep me motivated throughout the day.

I'm a pretty routine-oriented person, on a broad scale.  I like to get up and work out at the same time every morning and for pretty much the same amount of time.  However, I do like to keep things fresh and fun in that amount of time, so I enjoy a nice change of pace or a new way to get my adrenaline going every so often.  I'm sure many of you know what I mean--you just ran that same route or did that same leg routine at the gym yesterday, and the day before, and the day before.  Today it sounds pretty stinking boring.

For the most part, changing it up used to mean building on my workout to push myself--adding more sprints, more hills, working on more complicated yoga positions and lifts, trying to really push my heart rate and muscles.  I'm not allowed to do that during pregnancy because I have someone much more important to consider, and getting my heart rate up too high or getting too hot can be really dangerous for the babe.  But I am allowed to maintain what I was already doing (with modifications for my growing belly) and try new things of the same or less intensity. 

So a while back I started searching for good cardio that allowed me to stop to check my heart rate regularly, but still challenged my muscles.  I found a couple of channels on Youtube that have really helped keep my workouts exciting, and since each video is the length of a song, I'm able to take a sip of water and not get overheated before pressing play on the next one. :)

So for all of you ladies who are a little bored by your exercise routine or don't have time to make it to the gym today, here are a few of my current favorite videos.  Also, if you haven't made your husband laugh in a while, try to time it where you're doing these when he walks in from work.  Then make him try it and see who gets the last laugh :)


 

"Royals" by Mallory HotMess

"Booty Wurk" by Mallory HotMess


Happy sweating!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment