Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Weekend

I hope everyone is enjoying their Easter with loved ones! I also hope you have experienced overwhelming joy while celebrating the day our Savior rose from the grave and completed the promise and hope our God has given us through Christ.

I always love church service on Easter Sunday. There are usually a few new faces throughout the pews but what better day to be in the church! The message is always pointing toward the hope we received the day Jesus stood before Mary three days after he took upon himself every sin from every human past, present, future and died a perfect, sinless man.

Today while I listened, I kept thinking about how Jesus never once sinned, never once hurt anyone, only loved, healed, taught and served us and then when he was wrongfully sentenced to death, he did not run away or fight back, he suffered a gruesome death on the cross.

Thank goodness he rose from the grave because like our pastor preached today, I can not imagine this world if sin, violence, and hatred prevailed. The minute Jesus stepped from the tomb, he conquered sin and gave us hope for the future.

Ahhh---when I think about it I feel so refreshed! It also helped today and this weekend was so beautiful!

Saturday I started on the front landscaping project (owning a home really makes you care about landscaping) and then we went over to my parent's house to celebrate my little brother's 20th birthday---I can't believe he is that old!
Today was spent with my mom's side of the family along with a lot of delicious food. We are pretty family oriented, as you might have noticed, so getting together is always a great time.

Before
 A LOT of effort later---




I only hope I keep this refreshed feeling going throughout this week and build on it!

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment