Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weekend Getaway & 14 Week Update

Daniel and I just got home from the sweetest little weekend trip to Big Cedar just outside of Branson, thanks to a few of our wonderful friends (they gifted the trip to us for our wedding!).  It was so nice to get away for a couple of days--life has been crazy lately and we've been struggling to find time to connect.  So it kind of felt like perfect timing. :)












We relaxed, ate (Branson has a fantastic gluten free restaurant selection!), shopped (bought a Pendleton blanket for the nursery since we bought one for our bed on our honeymoon), and relaxed more.  Big Cedar is beautiful.

This week we plan to make a lot of progress on our house projects.  We have an appointment with our midwife Tuesday, and I'm so excited to hear the babe's heartbeat again!


14 WEEKS:

Baby Size: Closed fist! Boo is working out his or her facial muscles this week by practicing different expressions!

Gender: Don't know, but old wives' tale signs are starting to point to girl.  We'll see next month!

Weight Gain: Noneeee.

Symptoms: I can see my major veins in my legs, and it's so weird!  My body is pumping way more blood now for the little one, so my veins are extra full and visible. I'm having lots of cravings for things I can't eat, and breaking out like a 14 year old.  :(

Exercise: Running, biking, dancing, weights, yoga.  This weekend on our trip we worked out in the resort fitness center, so I got to use some of my favorite machines I frequented in college. I also swam laps, which felt awesome.

Cravings: Frappucino from Starbucks.  Hot fudge sundae.  Welch's Fruit Snacks. Goldfish. For the first time, this gluten and dairy free thing is tough.


Life is happy, friends.

-J


Thank you all for the incredible outpouring of love and support you gave us upon reading our announcement--we are so stinkin' excited and even more so now that we have you to share in our joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment