Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter Egg Ideas

Last night Daniel and I went to the Good Friday service at our church.  For years I've felt kind of like I'm not supposed to get excited or show a lot of interest in Easter, because I don't want to be just an Easter Christian.  Last night I was challenged and convicted by the death of Jesus in a way that made me realize how extremely special this weekend is--we as followers of Christ get to mourn His death and celebrate His resurrection consciously and collectively.  I've felt particularly excited for tomorrow all day today.

So, because I act like a huge dork when I'm excited, I put together a silly little Easter basket for Daniel today and bought us an egg dying kit.  I've seen a lot of cute egg decorating blog posts around the web this week.  If you and your love or you and your best girls are without plans tonight, here are a few ideas!




And if you don't see anything you like, here are a few other ideas I love. :)

Daniel and I are off to watch the Thunder playoff game somewhere after a long day of working on the house.  

Have a hope-filled weekend, friends. He is risen!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment