Friday, September 5, 2014

Loving My Husband Better

Yesterday Daniel came home from work with a pretty little plant--one of the florals I had in my wedding bouquet--just because.  We've talked a lot about our love languages and what we need from one another this past year.  One of my love languages is gifts, and he's learned how much it means to me when he writes/makes/picks something out for me just to show I was on his mind. 

As we approach our first anniversary, I've been thinking a lot about how to love my husband better in the ways he needs.  It's tough when our love languages don't always line up, but I know it's important to learn his and actively love him in a way that makes him feel known and respected.


Marriage is so hard and so wonderful, friends. Fortunately there are a few things that make us both feel connected and refreshed, like spending quality time together.  On that note, I'm off to go on our evening walk!

Happy weekend!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment