Monday, September 29, 2014

White Chocolate Pumpkin Latte

I will be honest with you, friends--I don't like Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes.  I tried them a couple of times in college and didn't understand what the hype was about. Maybe it's because I prefer pumpkin pie flavored things to pumpkin spice--more pumpkin and less spice, please.  So this weekend I set out to whip up a fall latte I'd actually drink.  It turned out pretty yummy--the white chocolate definitely helped make it sweeter--but next time I think I'll use even less of the spices. But I'm sharing it as I made it because the whole pumpkin spice thing seems to do pretty well with the general public. :)


Ingredients:

-1 cup milk, divided in half
- 1/4 cup espresso
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
-1/4 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp nutmeg
-1/4 tsp allspice
-1/2 tsp vanilla
-white chocolate chips/bark
-whipped cream, cinnamon sticks, etc. for garnish

Instructions:

Whisk together 1/2 cup milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and vanilla on low in small saucepan.  Let simmer for five minutes while preparing your espresso. Stir in white chocolate chips and whisk until melted.  Whisk in 1/2 cup milk.  Add espresso and whisk until frothy, about one minute.  Pour into cup, add whipped cream and cinnamon stick, and enjoy! :)

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment