Monday, September 1, 2014

Soft, Chewy Pumpkin Cookies



Happy September, lovelies! I am so excited to see this month--I have several photo shoots I've been really looking forward to, I'll turn 25, and we'll see the first day of fall (my favorite season) and full term!  I have high hopes it'll be an incredibly memorable month.  :)

To celebrate this first month of fall, I thought I'd share my first pumpkin recipe of the year!


Soft, Chewy Pumpkin Cookies
1 stick unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 tbs pumpkin puree 
1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used GF)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 & 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Whisk melted butter, brown sugar and sugar together until smooth. Whisk in vanilla and pumpkin until smooth. Set aside.
In a second bowl stir flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and blend.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Cover dough and refrigerate for half an hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and remove dough from fridge.  Roll into balls and flatten a little on cookie sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies should look soft and underbaked when removed from the oven. Let cookies cool for an hour or more--they'll stick together better if not eaten immediately.  They'll stay moist and chewy for days!
Happy fall snacking!
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment