Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 9th

"Currently I'm surrounded by a mountain of boxes and I'm munching on some oatmeal, cheese and crackers, and a left over chicken tender. Yep, we have not closed on our house but we have been boxed and ready for about two weeks.

I thought we were smooth sailing after we negotiated the price and signed the first round of documents. That is not necessarily the case--- I would have gone to the grocery store by now. I will save the details of this prolonged closing situation for another post because today I need to talk about my lack of patience.

I have always viewed myself as a decently patient person but I guess it took a home buying process to let my true colors show. I have been so anxious and frustrated in this whole closing process and there is not a good reason for these feelings except that I am not practicing patience. ---I read that out aloud and I feel like I sound so dramatic! I don't want to mask the emotions I have been feeling but I definitely have not been reacting to them in a positive Godly way---which does not make me a very pleasant wifey."

--The passage above I wrote 2 nights ago and even though I had some sort of realization that I needed to let those feelings go, I was still struggling.

Today my mom sent me this passage and man was it a true eye-opener, it all makes sense now. It speaks for itself so I'll share it with you:

I am with you and for you. When you decide on a course of action that is in line with My will, nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you. You may encounter many obstacles as you move toward your goal, but don't be discouraged---never give up! With My help, you can over come any obstacle. Do not expect an easy path as you journey hand in hand with Me, but do remember that I, your very-present Helper, am omnipotent.
Much, much stress results from your wanting to make things happen before their times have come. One of the main ways I assert My sovereignty is in the timing of events. If you want to stay close to Me and do things My way, ask Me to show you the path forward moment by moment. Instead of dashing head-long toward your goal, let Me set the pace. Slow down, and enjoy the journey in My Presence.

-Sarah Young, Jesus Calling -January 9th

For so long I have thought that if it was God's will that things should come easier. I don't know why I thought that because it makes sense that there will be struggles and obstacles--God can show himself in those moments so we can learn about Him and cling to Him even more.



-N



No comments:

Post a Comment