Friday, January 10, 2014

NewlyWifed Book Club

Happy Friday, friends!

I've been brainstorming ways Nat and I can feel more connected to you all, and I got to thinking about something I've always wanted to start but never had the guts--a BOOK CLUB!  

This book club will be a little less pressure than the kind you may have been joined in the past.  We won't really meet in person, but every month we'll pick a book to read on our own and then discuss it on the blog, in the comments, and through email if you'd like! The books will vary from personal memoir to fiction to devotional--I don't have them all picked yet.  And I'm open to suggestions!

But for now I wanted to give you a heads up so you'll have the time to buy, borrow, or check out the first book.  For February, in light of the IF GATHERING, we're going to read:

On her book webpage, author Jennie Allen says,

"We were over it. We were over building our lives. We were over houses and cars and cute Christmas cards. We wanted something; we couldn’t put our finger on it. It was burning in us. We had loved so many other things more than God.
We were ready to do anything.
So we prayed. As sincerely asI have ever prayed any other thing,

I prayed in my heart as Zac spoke:

'God we will do anything. Anything.'
It didn’t feel fancy. It wasn’t even a big deal. But the prayer held in it a thousand little deaths. In saying anything, it meant we were handing him everything. My heart raced a little at the thought… and then we fell asleep."

I'm excited to dig in with you!  
-J


No comments:

Post a Comment